Location: Campbell, California
Job Type: Full-time
Who are we?
We’re a rapidly growing team in the Silicon Valley construction space located in Campbell, California. We have a 30-year legacy in construction and our sole focus is on making a positive impact on the California housing crisis. At Acton, we design, navigate, and build accessory dwelling units (ADUs), also known as backyard homes. These ADUs help create accessible housing options for thousands of homeowners across the Bay Area, while positively impacting people’s lives.
Ultimately, we strive to infuse Silicon Valley culture into a traditional industry. We believe in these fundamental truths:
We work together.
We care about people.
Who are you?
You know you’ve got skills. Growing up you’ve always had a keen eye for design and, now as a professional, your finger on the pulse of industry trends. You can spot mismatched fabric and patterns a mile away. When you walk into a room, you instinctively know how it could be redesigned to get the most out of the interior space - both through form and function. You know how to create a customized vibe in anyone’s home and beautifully combine layouts, fixtures, textures, patterns, and colors to create a masterpiece.
As an Acton Interior Designer, you’ll be part of a collaborative team of architects, design assistants, ADU evangelists, and building professionals. You’ll have a steady flow of projects and be responsible for the creation of a visual design that meets our client’s motivations, needs, and budget expectations.
The Interior Designer serves as the main customer contact throughout the design process, and additionally, follows the production of the project collaborating with the production crew to find great design solutions for real-world building challenges.
You’ll get to show your skills and make a huge impact at one of the fastest growing design-build teams in the Silicon Valley.
- Live the Acton design process, but also be instrumental in making improvements.
- Communicate with clients to understand their motivations, needs, and lifestyle.
- Manage projects and expectations to deliver delightful results on-time and on-budget.
- Coordinate with the design and production teams, as well as subcontractors.
- Manage the development of all interior design documents so they’re prepped and ready for permit submittals and production: Title 24, structural, CalGreen, etc.
- Conduct design meetings/presentations.
- Keep your finger on the pulse of new design trends, standards, and always be learning.
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD and Revit, with a strong desire to learn best practices.
- Final authority on a project in all things design-related.
About Acton ADU
We take care of our team members:
Acton Construction is like no other company in its industry. The company has all of the things you’d expect, like a competitive salary; great medical and dental insurance; generous vacation/sick leave policy; and a matching 401(k) program.
But here’s what we really love about life at Acton Construction and Acton ADU:
- We are driven by having a lasting impact on the world and knowing that our time is spent positively impacting the lives of others. We are doers, because we know making a direct impact matters when it comes to achieving our mission of solving the housing crisis.
- We are committed to a diverse and inclusive culture that spurs innovation and creates a meaningful and impactful work environment.
- We have fun together at our weekly team meetings, company-sponsored family events, great culture and work environment, and a super cool CEO.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We extend equal employment opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy status, marital status, military or veteran status, genetic disposition, or any other reason protected by law.