Location: Campbell, California
Job Type: Full-time
Who are we?
We’re a rapidly growing team in the Silicon Valley construction space located in Campbell, California. We have a 30-year legacy in construction and our sole focus is on making a positive impact on the California housing crisis. At Acton, we design, navigate, and build accessory dwelling units (ADUs), also known as backyard homes. These ADUs help create accessible housing options for thousands of homeowners across the Bay Area, while positively impacting people’s lives.
Ultimately, we strive to infuse Silicon Valley culture into a traditional industry. We believe in these fundamental truths:
We work together.
We care about people.
Who are you?
You’re a bags-on builder and eager to hone your carpentry skills. You work smart and take pride in your craftsmanship and in the results of your work.
But more than anything you’re looking for a home and a team for many years to come. A team that will invest in you as much as you invest in them.
A successful Acton Carpenter works closely with Acton Lead Carpenters to provide assistance and help make sure customers are happy from demolition to construction to warranty. Acton Carpenters love to learn, are eager to improve their skills, and are great at taking direction and working as a team.
- Maintain tool, hazard, and proper safety policies.
- Multi-task and anticipate the needs of your fellow carpenters.
- Perform deliveries of materials and equipment accurately and safely
- Power tool and hand tool proficiency
- Ability to lift 100 pounds, capable of physically demanding work.
- Maintain your schedule and and plan your daily activities.
- Read and understand construction documents.
- Make sure all trade partners follow the Acton policies and procedures concerning safety, customer satisfaction, cleanliness, etc.
What to expect at Acton:
- You’ll have a voice – we listen to you and take ideas and feedback seriously.
- You’ll have interesting interesting, challenging work – you won’t be bored.
- You’ll be on a happy team, in a happy environment where everyone feels free to be themselves and have their needs met.
Full-time employment with Acton Construction includes:
- Full health and dental insurance
- Above market wages
- Paid vacation
- Professional development
- An opportunity to be a part of a growing, developing organization
- A supportive, engaged staff in the office ready to support you in the field
But here’s what we really love about life at Acton ADU:
- We are driven by having a lasting impact on the world and knowing that our time is spent positively impacting the lives of others. We are doers, because we know making a direct impact matters when it comes to achieving our mission of solving the housing crisis.
- We are committed to a diverse and inclusive culture that spurs innovation and creates a meaningful and impactful work environment.
- We have fun together at our weekly team meetings, company-sponsored family events, great culture and work environment, and a super cool CEO.
How to Apply:
Please send us your resume and cover letter. In your cover letter, please include a short paragraph on a job you’ve done that you found particularly rewarding.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We extend equal employment opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy status, marital status, military or veteran status, genetic disposition, or any other reason protected by law.