Location: Campbell, California
Job Type: Full-time
Who is Acton ADU?
We’re a rapidly growing team in the Silicon Valley construction space located in Campbell, California. We have a 30-year legacy in construction and our sole focus is on making a positive impact on the California housing crisis.
At Acton, we design, navigate, and build accessory dwelling units (ADUs), also known as backyard homes. These ADUs help create accessible housing options for thousands of homeowners across the Bay Area, while positively impacting people’s lives.
Ultimately, we strive to infuse Silicon Valley culture into a traditional industry. We believe in these fundamental truths:
- We innovate.
- We work together.
- We care about people.
Who are you?
You’re a skilled carpenter. You’re skilled at framing, carpentry, and finish carpentry with a high quality consistent with the Acton ADU standards. You work smart and take pride in your craftsmanship and in the results of your work.
But more than anything you’re looking for a home and a team for many years to come. A team that will invest in you as much as you invest in them.
A successful Acton ADU Journeyman Carpenter works closely with Acton ADU Foreman Carpenters to provide assistance and help make sure customers are happy
Your objectives are to:
- Perform carpentry as directed by Carpenter Foreman.
- Ensure the craftsmanship on each project meets Acton ADU standards.
- Maintain a safe work environment .
- Excellent carpentry skills in at least one of the following: framing, cabinet installation, and finish work.
- Ability to read and understand blueprints and construction documents
- Full set of tools
- Good basic math skills
- Ability to perform physically demanding work, including lifting 100 pounds
- Driver’s license and good driving record.
- Labor: You are responsible for performing any labor required by the Carpenter Foreman.
- Trade Contractors: It is your responsibility to assist with ensuring that all trade contractors adhere to all of your company’s policies and procedures concerning safety, customer satisfaction, cleanliness, alcohol and substance abuse, etc
- Deliveries: You are responsible for ensuring that all deliveries are correct and accurate and undamaged. It is imperative that you check such things as door swings, window sizes, cabinet sizes and types, lumber type and grade, shingle color, etc. before you sign the delivery ticket. Delivery truck drivers are to wait for your inspection, as your signature approves the condition and count of the order. Any discrepancy or damaged goods must be noted on the delivery ticket and contact the supplier immediately for a correction. Job personnel are not to pick up materials unless doing so is absolutely necessary.
Planning and Reporting:
The Journeyman Carpenter reports directly to the Foreman Carpenter.
Acton ADU Culture:
What to expect at Acton:
Acton ADU has a special culture. A collaborative, values-first team focus that creates a strong environment for improvement and advancement, as well as produces the highest quality or work.
- You will have a voice – we listen to you and take ideas and feedback seriously.
- You will have interesting, challenging work – you won’t be bored.
- You will be on a happy team, in a happy environment, where everyone feels free to be themselves and have their needs met.
What our team loves about Acton ADU:
- We are driven by having a lasting impact on the world and knowing that our time is spent positively impacting the lives of others. We are doers, because we know making a direct impact matters when it comes to achieving our mission of solving the housing crisis.
- We are committed to a diverse and inclusive culture that spurs innovation and creates a meaningful and impactful work environment.
- We have fun together at our weekly team meetings, company-sponsored family events, great culture and work environment, and a super cool CEO.
Full-time employment with Acton ADU includes:
- Full health and dental insurance
- Above market wages
- Paid vacation
- Professional development
- An opportunity to be a part of a growing, developing organization
- A supportive, engaged staff in the office eager to support you
How to Apply:
Please send us your resume and cover letter. In your cover letter, please include a short paragraph on a job you’ve done that you found particularly rewarding.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer:
We extend equal employment opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy status, marital status, military or veteran status, genetic disposition, or any other reason protected by law.