Location: Campbell, California
Job Type: Full-time
Who are we?
We’re a rapidly growing team in the Silicon Valley construction space located in Campbell, California. We have a 30-year legacy in construction and our sole focus is on making a positive impact on the California housing crisis. At Acton, we design, navigate, and build accessory dwelling units (ADUs), also known as backyard homes. These ADUs help create accessible housing options for thousands of homeowners across the Bay Area, while positively impacting people’s lives.
Ultimately, we strive to infuse Silicon Valley culture into a traditional industry. We believe in these fundamental truths:
We work together.
We care about people.
Who are you?
You’re an achiever. You’ve got great energy. You know how to win in a dynamic, changing environment. You love working with people and being that mind-reader who can help customers get to the core of what they need and make the most of their investment. You want to do more with your talent. You want to make a real impact at a company with a real mission. If that sounds like you? We want to meet you.
As our Project Consultant, you’ll focus on providing a seamless experience from in-house design all the way to project completion. You’ll learn our consultative sales approach and help guide the people to make decisions, based on their personal needs and motivations. We take pride in our top-of-the-line craftsmanship, amazing team, and strong culture.
You might be the perfect fit for our team if if:
- You currently work for a small company, but dream of making a difference and personal growth.
- You’re a sole proprietor who doesn’t want the constant stress of owning your own company.
- You’re a skilled craftsman with great people skills, looking to step away from the physical grind.
- You want to be on a team that invests as much in you as you invest in them.
Your role on the team:
The Project Consultant works collaboratively with customers to provide creative solutions to their needs. A proven record of success in meeting customer expectations is essential. The ability to properly communicate with customers, designers, and production managers throughout each project is needed. The most successful candidate will be organized, self-motivated, and have strong relationship building skills.
The ideal candidate is passionate about the construction industry and dreams of being part of a high-energy and thriving work environment to make a real impact on the California housing crisis. Knowledge of the construction industry is beneficial for this position.
We provide professional sales training, so you can sell consultatively with integrity. No arm-twisting sales techniques please. We have a proven system that works, so you simply need to follow our process.
- Successful track record in customer satisfaction
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills needed
- Proficiency with technology (MS Office, Google Drive) required
About Acton ADU
We take care of our team members:
Acton Construction is like no other company in its industry. The company has all of the things you’d expect, like a competitive salary; great medical and dental insurance; generous vacation/sick leave policy; and a matching 401(k) program.
But here’s what we really love about life at Acton Construction and Acton ADU:
- We are driven by having a lasting impact on the world and knowing that our time is spent positively impacting the lives of others. We are doers, because we know making a direct impact matters when it comes to achieving our mission of solving the housing crisis.
- We are committed to a diverse and inclusive culture that spurs innovation and creates a meaningful and impactful work environment.
- We have fun together at our weekly team meetings, company-sponsored family events, great culture and work environment, and a super cool CEO.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We extend equal employment opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy status, marital status, military or veteran status, genetic disposition, or any other reason protected by law.