Location: Campbell, California
Job Type: Full-time
Who is Acton ADU?
We’re a rapidly growing team in the Silicon Valley construction space located in Campbell, California. We have a 30-year legacy in construction and our sole focus is on making a positive impact on the California housing crisis.
At Acton, we design, navigate, and build accessory dwelling units (ADUs), also known as backyard homes. These ADUs help create accessible housing options for thousands of homeowners across the Bay Area, while positively impacting people’s lives.
Ultimately, we strive to infuse Silicon Valley culture into a traditional industry. We believe in these fundamental truths:
- We innovate.
- We work together.
- We care about people.
Who are you?
You’re a leader. You’re inspired to create efficiencies and love tight communication to get things done. You’ve got a handle on complexity and scheduling. Nothing excites you more than a well oiled, humming production crew.
You take pride in producing safe, on time, on budget and profitable projects. Your efficient and professional work always leaves customers impressed, delighted, and generates positive referrals.
More than anything you’re looking for a home and a team for many years to come. A team that will invest in you as much as you invest in them.
The Acton ADU Project Manger is a hands-on leader that manages a project’s construction from start to finish and coordinates all subcontractors and internal personal with efficiency.
Your primary objectives are to:
- Navigate the building process and complete projects on schedule and on budget
- Ensure the quality and craftsmanship on every project meets the highest standards of Acton ADU.
- Ensure the entire production team is conducting themselves with the Acton ADU values and mission in mind.
- Maintain a safe work environment.
- Delight and inspire the customers we work with to generate positive referrals and reviews.
The following skills are required to be considered for the position of Project Manager at Acton ADU.
- Understanding of the construction process
- Resourcefulness: You don’t need to know everything, but you do need to know how to find the answer
- Ability to read and understand blueprints and construction documents
- Excellent organizational and planning skills to keep multiple projects with dozens of personnel organized and informed
- Tenacity: the drive to make things happen despite obstacles thrown in your way
- Proficient in basic computer skills: Word, Excel, Google, navigating file structures
- Driver’s license and good driving record.
- College coursework in project management or construction-related sciences a plus
The following are core responsibilities of every Acton ADU Production Manager.
- Give input to Sales and Design teams to put together a workable project package.
- Manage all aspects of project during Production phase to bring project in on schedule and on budget.
- Ensure safety standards and company policies are followed at all time.
- Keep all job-related documentation up to date at all times.
- Give periodic reports to Production Manager on project status and needs.
- Give constructive input on process improvement.
Planning and Reporting:
Acton ADU Project Managers report directly to the Production Manager.
Acton ADU Culture:
What to expect at Acton:
Acton ADU has a special culture. A collaborative, values-first team focus that creates a strong environment for improvement and advancement, as well as produces the highest quality or work.
- You will have a voice – we listen to you and take ideas and feedback seriously.
- You will have interesting, challenging work – you won’t be bored.
- You will be on a happy team, in a happy environment, where everyone feels free to be themselves and have their needs met.
What our team loves about Acton ADU:
- We are driven by having a lasting impact on the world and knowing that our time is spent positively impacting the lives of others. We are doers, because we know making a direct impact matters when it comes to achieving our mission of solving the housing crisis.
- We are committed to a diverse and inclusive culture that spurs innovation and creates a meaningful and impactful work environment.
- We have fun together at our weekly team meetings, company-sponsored family events, great culture and work environment, and a super cool CEO.
Full-time employment with Acton ADU includes:
- Full health and dental insurance
- Above market wages
- Paid vacation
- Professional development
- An opportunity to be a part of a growing, developing organization
- A supportive, engaged staff in the office eager to support you
How to Apply:
Please send us your resume and cover letter. In your cover letter, please include a short paragraph on a job you’ve done that you found particularly rewarding.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer:
We extend equal employment opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy status, marital status, military or veteran status, genetic disposition, or any other reason protected by law.